• Develop new user-facing features.
• Gather functional requirements from product management/UX teams and translate requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions
• Serve as key resource throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation, and testing, to documentation, delivery, and maintenance.
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Proficient understanding of Git